Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sprinkles



Am I a cupcake freak or what?

My sister-in-law took me to Sprinkles in L.A. They had quite a selection of holiday inspired flavors on top of their regular selection: Egg Nog Spice, Pumpkin, Chocolate Peppermint and Vanilla Peppermint. Janet and I waited in a line just outside the door.

The teeny cupcake boutique was packed with cupcake-philes. I had a Chocolate Peppermint.
I loved the moist cupcake and the ganache frosting. I like the fact that you could eat the cake and the frosting separately; each component stood so well by itself. I also like how they frost the cake, simply done with perhaps a palate knife. Even after four years of pastry, I still have a hard time with piping skills.

They look huge, but the serving is just right.

The to-go boxes made of recycled paper and wooden utensils here are a plus too.

1 comment:

The Wandering ABC said...

man i want a cupcake...>_<