It is that time of year as the summer fruits are beginning to peak around the corner. I love summer fruits: peaches, plum, cherries, melons, etc. One of the things that I like about the kitchen is that produce is a bit more accessible. I have received so much more exposure to the variety of fruits and vegetables than if I went to the market on my own. My most recent discovery is the aprium. I tasted my first one this last week as our purveyor dropped off a sample.
The aprium is across between a apricot and a plum. In comparison to the pluot, which is also a hybrid of the two fruits, apriums have more characteristics of the apricot while pluots are more like a plum. On the outside, the aprium looks just like an apricot. I found it to be suprisingly sweet. I generally do not prefer apricots because of their tartness. And I am finding myself to enjoying apriums. (I dug one out of the produce reach in and had it as a part of my breakfast.) Apriums are in season a bit earlier than apricots, but its season is shorter. Note: Try dipping it in chocolate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
aprium? Interesting. Where do you get them?
Post a Comment