So I finally made my way to The Cheeseboard Collective. I have heard so much about their product: the cheese, the bread, and the pizza. I have often driven passed it and noticed a long string of customers waiting for their turn to buy the pizza of the day. There is only one type of pizza each day and everyday is different.
Cheeseboard, unlike many other restaurants, is worker owned, meaning that everyone has a say in the decision making process about how the business is run. It is a business that has been around since the late sixties and has been going strong ever since. There are two stores: one selling cheese and bread, and the other pizza.
I was helping a friend move out of her place and I was to stop by Cheeseboard Pizza while everyone finished up loading the truck. Unfortunately, I was a bit early for their dinner service so I just went two doors down for some savory bread. I picked up some bialys (sourdough bread with poppy seeds and onions), some pesto focaccia, and the focaccia with the tomato paste and green onions.
I was so excited to finally get a small taste of some Cheeseboard product that I didn't mind that we had to go without the pizza.
Next time, I definately want to make sure I get a chance to grab some of their pizza for dinner. (When they don't have feta on it, because B does not like feta.) Or, just pick up another bread to try.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment